Any established and exhibited artists out there? Time to apply for a residency with SAF.
Check below for some other information related to Sochon Art Factory that are happening this month.
SAF062.NET / INSTAGRAM : @sochonart / BLOG : http://soartfactory.blog.me/
2017 Industrial Complex Pre-Biennale
<Call for Artists to join 1st Residency Program>
Residency Program Detail
◇ Period : September to December 2017 ※ After evaluation, the program could be extended.
◇ Target : Artists who can produce Indoor /Outdoor Exhibitions (Visual Arts, Interdisciplinary Arts, etc)◇ Number of Artists : 5 (※ You can also apply as a duo or team)
– We are looking for youth artists who are under age of 49 years old
– Artists who can create artwork in Gwangju during the Residency period (Regardless of their Nationality/Place of Origin)
– Artists who have proof of their art career (eg. art exhibitions, portfolio, showcases etc)
– University students are unable to apply
– Foreign Artists should already be in possession of a ‘ARC : Alien Registration Card (외국인등록증)‘
– Studio rooms, Administrative expenses (electricity fee, water rate, etc)
– Cover the cost of flyers, posters, media advertising support(Newspaper & On-line), etc.
– Artist fee, cost of materials
– Agreement on Safety Obligation
– Participation in workshops and meetings
– Participation in SAF exhibitions (2 times)
– Working on Seminars about your artwork or participating in an Education Program (4 times)
※ Points will be added after evaluation when 2018 Residency Program opens.
※ About Residency Organization
Address : 14-9 Sochonro 85beon-gil, Gwangsangu, Gwangju
(Cube Gallery, Sochon Art Factory)
Scale : 2 floors (1st floor 575m2, 2nd floor 374m2)
Exhibition room, Media room, Open studio, Residential room, Terra-cotta room (Annex)
※ Field work is available & Rooms can be used in other ways after a negotiation with office
Operated/Hosted by 광산구(Gwangsan-gu) 소촌아트팩토리(Sochon Art Factory)
<Contact> TEL +82 062)960-3686 / E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Other events at SAF this month + Photo Exhibition from the 9th – 29th September 2017